In this edition we discuss the idea of reverse engineering electronic designs. There may be cases where that older product that you have not built (or the company that was acquired had nor built) in some time needs to be built again.There may be other cases where the manufacturer is no longer supporting new sales of a replacement PCB yet you need to keep the equipment maintained. In such cases BESTProto can reverse engineer the product and deliver a BOM, a Gerber , a schematic and even finished assemblies as part of its services. Call us today @ (847) 797-9250 and ask for Laura Ripoli if you are interested in this service.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Garth Cates BESTProto
Reverse Engineering of PCB’s
Reverse engineering is a process of analyzing a product to determine how it was designed and how it operates. BESTProto can reverse engineer a printed circuit board to determine how the components are interconnected. Multi-layer boards are examined with an X-Ray system to determine how the inner traces are routed.
You may need to reverse engineer a product in order to:
- Cost reduce a board where there are lost files or the board is not supported any longer by the OEM
- Provide a replacement for an obsolete printed circuit board
- Extend the useful life of your equipment by reverse engineering its printed circuit boards
- Replace a lost design file
- There is the desire to improve the performance of the existing board for which you do not have a intelligent database
- Update an existing PCB assembly with new capabilities
- Re-engineer an old PCB design to current standards, using a new component
- Produce a product which competes with the product to be analyzed
We are an engineering and build company with the ability to reverse engineer electronic products providing support engineering documentation in CAD format. With many years of engineering and build experience we can handle complex assembly builds. We are easy to work with and understand the tradeoffs involved with this type of work.
In order to see how we can help you reverse engineer that older product contact Laura Ripoli at (847) 797-9250 or by email at email@example.com.